Unified Fire Authority Health and Safety
Health and Safety is a major concern for Unified Fire Authority as well as all fire departments around the nation. We here at UFA have a Health/Safety Committee that is dedicated to protecting and ensuring the wellbeing and health of our employees. This committee is responsible for investigating all serious injury or death of firefighters, inspecting and maintaining standards for Personal Protective Equipment and promoting the overall health and wellness of personnel.
Throughout the year, the committee will be involved in:
- Analysis of Firefighter injury and vehicle accident reports to identify trends and develop recommendations to reduce or eliminate injuries.
- Providing physical trainers that are available to help anyone achieve a top notch fitness level.
- Publish and post valuable Department Health/Safety information to employees.
- Conduct periodic wellness seminars to promote the overall wellness of employees. Seminars cover such topics as general health, healthy cooking, nutrition, and mental health.
- Managing the departments Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is designed to assist Firefighters and their families on both work and personal issues.
As UFA changes and expands, the Health/Safety Committee will work diligently to meet the challenge of ensuring the health and safety of our personnel.